Juan Francisco Espinosa Palacios, General Director of Migración Colombia, announced the automation of two procedures that may benefit more than two thousand Colombian and foreign citizens per month.
We are talking about 2.0 version of the Certificate of Migratory Movements (CMM) (Only Colombian citizens) and the ‘Cédula de Extranjería’ Duplicate. With this measure of automation by Migración Colombia, the objectives amid the current pandemic are:
- Reduce the attention times by the entity.
- Lower the number of interactions between citizens and officials.
- Avoid contact and crowding of people in customer service offices.
Below we share the steps that Colombian citizens must follow to obtain their Certificate of Migratory Movements and what foreigners must do to carry out the ‘Cédula de Extranjería’ Duplicate.
Procedures automation in 5 steps
1) Enter the website of Migración Colombia: www.migracióncolombia.gov.co and click on the button trámites y servicios.
2) Select the procedure option and click on “Certificado de Movimientos Migratorios” or “Cédula de Extranjería”, according to the procedure you want to request.
3) If you choose the procedure “Certificado de Movimientos Migratorios”, click on “Make Request” in the “CMM Expedition” option.
If, on the other hand, you choose the procedure “Cédula de Extranjería”, click on “Application” in the “Duplicado CE en Línea” option.
4) Fill out the form according to the previously selected procedure. The information must be correct and updated.
5) Pay online and you will receive confirmation about your completed procedure to your email.
Through the blog and social networks, at expatgroup.co we will continue to inform you all the news about immigration rules in Colombia. We also have our WhatsApp line enabled, to answer your questions and meet your requirements, contact us!