If you are a US citizen and you are in Colombia, you can access the American Passport Renewal service if you require it. This service is offered by the American Embassy, and at expatgroup.co, we do official intermediation during the process so that you do not have to travel to Bogotá.
If your American passport meets the following characteristics, we can complete the renewal process with the American Embassy in Bogotá:
- It is in good condition and the original can be delivered with the application.
- It was issued when you were 16 or older.
- It was issued within the last 15 years.
- It was issued with exactly the same name as your previous passport or if you have a legal document proving your name change or with an original document or certified copy of your marriage record or a document issued by the government showing that your name has changed legally under the federal or state law.
KEEP IN MIND:
We do not carry out processes for the issuance of passports for the first time, renewals of passports for minors under 16 years of age, or replacement of lost, stolen, damaged, or mutilated passports. For all the above cases, you must appear IN PERSON at the American Embassy, no agency can represent you for these procedures.
- Original American Passport
- 2 photos with the following characteristics
Recent and passport type photo, without accessories or glasses. White background and taken with a neutral facial expression. 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) size.
- Includes professional advisory
- Fill out forms and documents preparation
- Legal representation before the American Embassy
- Courier fees to Bogotá
- *The price does not include VAT or government fees
AMERICAN PASSPORT RENEWAL